Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Remodeling makes me drink

Change from beginning of program: -.4
Goal: 43 LBs to go
Activity: 30 minutes with the Wii
Temptation: everything in my kitchen
Fruit and veg: 5

Yesterday's grazing caught up with me. Fortunately, I was able to exert a bit more self-control today.

Workers in the house + working from home + a boyfriend who doesn't like workers in the house = antsy Snow.

But we are making progress on the bathroom. And I actually got some work done today.

I got a Listology calendar this year, and I listed my goals for the year:

  • Publish the cookbook
  • Go to Europe to celebrate the big 5-0
  • Make something creative and get it out of the Wii room (formerly known as the junk room) once a week
  • Get to my goal weight - and stay there

OK - I wrote them down and now they are on the blog. So I have to make these things happen in 2010. Keep me honest!

A note on getting things out of the Wii room: For years, I have been collecting items and thinking "I can make something with this." Well, the time has come to make something with it. I'm out of room. I'm investing in this house, so I'm not moving to a bigger one. If you have requests for anything made from paper or recycled goods, let me know. My first project is note cards.

Breakfast: black-eyed peas, grapefruit from my tree, 2 Cellas

Lunch: shrimp scampi with spinach over angel hair pasta (an advantage of working from home - I can make a nice lunch), pecan pie

Afternoon snack: satsuma

Dinner: apple, cornbread with butter, 4 chocolate-covered peanuts

Evening snack: white wine

By the way, today's photo has nothing to do with the blog. It's just my nephew cracking me up by wearing my hat.

No comments: