Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Purging

Change from beginning of program: -.6
Goal: 43 LBs to go
Activity: recycling Christmas cards
Temptation: fried food
Fruit and veg: 2

Even though the contractor assured me that he would finish today, he did not finish. The bathroom is 98% done, but I want that other 2% completed. I am getting super tired of this. And he can't finish until Friday because I am driving to Austin before the crack of dawn tomorrow for a two-day class.

Oh well...

Since September, I have been going through the boxes and boxes and boxes of mementos that I have saved for most of my adult life. This week, I'm onto the Christmas cards. Some of them are from people I don't remember. Some are from people who are no longer with us. Some are from the dentist.

Do I have issues with pack-rattiness? I think so...

Last night, I sorted and separated the fraction of cards I wanted to keep for whatever reason. Tonight, I tore the fronts off the cards I won't be keeping. I'll send those to an organization that reuses them for new cards. Getting these cards out of the house won't give me a lot of extra physical space, but it is mentally cleansing to get through those piles of cards.

I had a crap breakfast and virtually no lunch. For dinner, we went to our favorite seafood restaurant and I had fried stuffed shrimp and French fries. Why? Because fried food tastes just too damn good.

Oh yeah. I purged only the paper - not the fried food (just in case you were wondering).

No comments: