Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One...singular sensation

Change from beginning of program: -1.4
Goal: 42 LBs to go
Activity: cleaning the pantry
Temptation: sleep (but I did not succumb)
Fruit and veg: 5

I saw "A Chorus Line" for the first time ever tonight at the Broadway Across America series. My season ticket holder partner, a gay man, was appalled that I had not seen it before. After the show, he told me that his current (sorta) boyfriend didn't know the lyrics to "I Hope I Get It," and that said (sorta) boyfriend could not consider himself a "card carrying homo." I said that the only song I had ever heard from the show was "One." He then accused me of not being a "card carrying homo."

Hello!

He said that as many gay friends as I have, I should know these songs.

(He might have a point.)

But still...

The show was good. It made me remember that my lifelong ambition was to be able to show off my body. If only I had ever had a body worthy of showing off... All of the female cast members stood on stage for over 2 hours in body suits. And they looked good. And they could dance. And sing.

So...if I had a great body, and rhythm, and singing talent, I could be in a musical.

Not. Holding. My. Breath. For that to happen.

Breakfast: 2 slices pumpernickel with hummus, 2 Cellas

Lunch: Brussels sprouts, 1 Cella, 1 glass pomegranate juice

Panic alarm: I'm down to 13 Cellas. And then it's cold turkey until November, when they appear on the shelves again.

Dinner: (with friend described above) - grilled salmon over spinach, some delicious fried onions, and broccolini, surrounded by cream sauce, 2 small slices French bread with olive oil, and about 5 bites of a very dark chocolate dessert. 2 glasses of pinot grigio.

After show libations: 3 beers - to help me sleep

No comments: