Saturday, August 01, 2009

I hate summer

Change from beginning of program: -5.2 LBs
Goal: 39 LBs to go
Activity: fighting crowds at natural history museum
Temptation: ice cream
Fruit and veg: 3

Heat makes me sick. Literally. When I get overheated, I feel like I'm gonna puke.

It's not hard to get overheated these days.

What's amazing is that I got overheated indoors! In the AC!

Met my friend and her kids for lunch at Chuy's. Had the taco salad with guac instead of meat, but used plenty of the creamy jalapeno dressing. And had plenty of chips before the salad came. And had most of the shell, dipped in the creamy jalapeno dressing.

I justified this by telling myself that I didn't have breakfast, so I could eat up.

We went to the Museum of Natural History, where it is always crowded. Not just crowded; more like chaotic. The AC was on, but it wasn't set very cool. And those thousands of people being around made it even warmer and stuffier. We spent about 3 hours there, and I thought I might pass out. We did see the Terra Cotta Warriors, which was interesting, but very crowded.

Part of the problem was that I didn't drink enough water while we were there. I gulped and gulped from the water fountains. The only place to get more water was the McDonalds - the most chaotic part of the entire operation. And I unwisely had Diet Coke when I went there (for $2.17, thank you very much).

When we left, I got into my oven-like car and drove home. I needed to return something to Marshall's, but I had to come home to cool off and drink some ice water before I could face anything else.

At Marshall's, I returned $21 worth of stuff and then spent $28. Not real productive...

Came home and started reading Feeding the Hungry Heart, which is about stopping the cycle of compulsive or emotional eating. It's quite good, and it made me think about a lot of things.

Dinner: Multi-grain bread with hummus. That vat of hummus is going to last for a while.

Snack: Blue Bell Rocky Road ice cream. 1/4 of a pint, or the actual serving size. The entire pint has 640 calories, not nearly as much as I had imagined. But the small serving was enough.

No comments: