Monday, August 03, 2009

Undulating

Change from beginning of program: -8.0 LBs
Goal: 35 LBs to go
Activity: working
Temptation: beer and cake
Fruit and veg: 5

A few years ago, Bigfoot heard the word "undulating" on some show and asked me what it meant. I demonstrated, and he told me to never do that again. Of course, I do it every chance I get.

A few weeks ago, they had a 48 hour marathon Spongebob Sponge Bash, and I recorded all 48 hours. I'm watching a few episodes every day until I get through them all because they crack me up. The episode I'm watching now shows Spongebob watching a sea anemone undulating and then turning the channel to football quickly when his pet snail enters the room. Just like a man in real life...

Enough about a spongy fry cook who lives in a pineapple under the sea and his undulating anemone fantasies...

Breakfast was (surprise, surprise) multi-grain bread with hummus, and raspberries.

For a morning snack, I had a small slice of the bundt cake I made yesterday for the Ghirardelli contest. It started as a pound cake, and I added chocolate chips, then I put melted chocolate into half the batter, then I layered it all in the bundt pan with raspberry jelly. And topped it with a scrumptious mixture of chocolate chips melted with heavy cream and corn syrup. It was pretty tasty.

Lunch at the Italian restaurant consisted of a small salad (yes, with dressing already on it) and what they called shrimp scampi - but it was really angel hair pasta with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and shrimp in a garlic butter sauce. I took half of it with me and then forgot to get it out of the refrigerator to bring home at the end of the day. Typical.

After working at home for 2 hours after work I had a veggie enchilada and rice and beans that were left over from a visit to Chuys. And the last pluot.

Evening treat: beer. 4 so far. I need it, as I will spend the next day and a half in a conference room taking notes during a clash of the departments meeting. Followed by a team dinner. I'll be lucky to get home by 10:00.

Good news for the day: My trip to Rome is officially booked! I'll be there the first week in October, and I'll have a few non-work days to visit the city. I cannot wait! I need to start studying Roman history now so I'll have a clue as to what I'm seeing.

I need to start building up my tolerance for wine, too. (I wish.)

No comments: