Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fattening Friday

Change from beginning of program: -4.8 LBs
Goal: 39 LBs to go
Activity: jumping up and down in elation over winning a blue ribbon at the State Fair of Texas
Temptation: Mexican food, fried food, beer (I did not resist)
Fruit and veg: 5+

This was a frustrating week. Work was particularly challenging, and I had dinner at restaurants 3 of the past 5 nights. Not good for losing weight.

But the week ended on a positive note: I won the blue ribbon for picante sauce at the State Fair of Texas. This makes me a back-to-back champ. I can say that I make the best hot sauce in Texas.

What do I win? A blue ribbon and bragging rights for the rest of my life.

Woo-hoo!

Sorry - I can't believe it. The results are not posted online yet. But I got a letter in the mail that said my place was "1."

Anyway - another dieting day down the drain...

Breakfast - hummus and pumpernickel (just 1 slice) and raspberries.

Morning snack - green apple

Lunch - Mexican food. Chips and green sauce (tomatillos and avocado). Veggie burrito filled with black beans and several veggies, but also cheese - covered in cream sauce. Instead of rice and beans, I had lettuce and tomatoes. And guacamole.

Dinner - our favorite seafood place. Appetizer of avocado, tomato, shrimp, and crab, served with tortilla chips. Stuffed crab and stuffed shrimp with fries. Why does fried food have to taste so good? If it tasted nasty, we would all be thin.

Evening - Although I told myself all day that I would not drink tonight (to give my poor liver a break), I had to have a beer to celebrate my win. And to help break down that fried food. And to act as a diuretic because I am still SWOLLEN like an effing balloon. And because I survived the week. And because I like beer.

Tomorrow's challenge - a trip to the country to celebrate nephew #3's 13th birthday. I'm sure too much food will be involved.

No comments: