Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My butt hurts


Change from beginning of program: -8.0 LBs
Goal: 35 LBs to go
Activity: working
Temptation: kolaches, chips and green sauce, beer
Fruit and veg: 4

Sat on my arse from 9:00 - 6:30 with no real break. My arse hurts.

You know how when you stand for a long time your feet swell and hurt? I think my butt is swollen.

Spent today in a meeting room taking notes in a meeting between developers and marketing - two groups with the same end goal but VERY different ways to get there. They had a box of kolaches sitting there, so I had to have one even after eating my breakfast of multi-grain bread, hummus, and raspberries. For lunch during the meeting (UGH), I had the leftover shrimp pasta in garlic butter from yesterday. The garlic made my mouth taste sour, so I cut another kolache in half and ate the half. Then I got up and walked across the room and ate the other half. Oh well. And then on a break, I had four (!) 3 Musketeers minis.

Even though the meeting ended at 5:00, I worked until 6:30 to catch up on email and organize the notes from the meeting. Then I met the team for dinner, and I totally blew it.

Chips (way too many), green sauce, red sauce, cheese enchiladas, lettuce and tomatoes instead of rice and beans, and 4 beers at the restaurant. 2 beers at home, so far.

I know I'll feel like a slug tomorrow. Perhaps that will motivate me to get on the treadmill to get used to walking before I go to Rome in 8 1/2 weeks.

No comments: