Friday, December 04, 2009

Saving satsumas from snow

Change from beginning of program: -1.0
Goal: 43 LBs to go
Activity: harvesting fruit - in the snow
Temptation: pretty much everything
Fruit and veg: 5+
Number of satsumas harvested: 125

All week, they have been forecasting snow. I don't believe the weathermen unless they say it will be hot.

Turns out they were right.

Before work, I decided to harvest satsumas before the big freeze. But it was sleeting, so I dropped that idea.

Came home from the office around 1:00 and picked as many as I could (125). At least 50 more are still on the tree, but they are not ripe yet. None of the grapefruit are ripe. Let's hope it doesn't freeze tonight because I really want that fruit.

Breakfast: potatoes from the company cafeteria

Lunch: tomato basil soup and Greek pizza

Dessert: hummingbird cake that I made for someone's birthday

Dinner: homemade vegetable soup and several mimosas made with the gallon (yes, gallon) of juice I squeezed from the satsumas. Mandarin oranges. It takes a lot of damn oranges to get a gallon of juice.

While I was juicing, Bigfoot commented that I was doing a lot of work to get just a little juice from each fruit. He was right. But it is damn good juice.

No comments: