Monday, March 15, 2010

I fought the weeds and the weeds won

Change from beginning of program: -1.2
Goal: 43 to go
Activity: pulling weeds
Temptation: Indian food
Fruit and veg: 5
Bracelets made: 3

So...one of my friends (you know who you are) asked if I was becoming obsessed with making jewelry.

Well, yeah.

But there are worse things I could be obsessed with. At least with the beads, I have something to show at the end of the evening. And all of you get beaded goods - like it or not!

Unfortunately, my summertime "hobby" is here: yard work. UGH. It is March, people. March! The space formerly known as my back yard is now a weed farm. Dandelions, some spindly weeds with buds, something that has leaves like marigolds, stinky vines, you name, I've got it. And clover. Lots of clover. Why won't my grass grow as vigorously as the weeds do?

No comments: