Sunday, October 25, 2009

Viva frickin Las Vegas

Change from beginning of program: -5.2 LBs
Goal: 39 LBs to go
Activity: trolling Las Vegas
Temptation: ice cream, beer
Fruit and veg: 5

Breakfast: Kale and black-eyed peas

Lunch: Subway veggie sandwich at the airport. Plus several Reeses minis. Plus two 100 calorie packages of Cheese Nips on the plane.

Dinner: Salad from the House of Blues - field greens with blue cheese and pecans and some wonderful dressing

Evening snacks: 5 beers (over several hours) and a waffle cone with ice cream and Reeses

Bigfoot waffled for weeks on whether he would accompany me to Las Vegas for a work conference. He announced about a month ago that he would accompany me. But he has apparently regretted it ever since. He mysteriously came down with a cold (I says it's allergies, but he insists that he doesn't have allergies) last night. I gave him Advil PM, and he said it helped.

When we arrived in LV, he asked for more medication. I gave him Benadryl and Advil, which he insists doesn't work. I keep telling him that Advil PM is simply Advil with Benadryl, but he does not believe me.

As soon as we checked into the hotel, I had to go to the conference center to get our booth built. When I returned to the room, I asked him what he wanted for dinner and I suggested going to the House of Blues, which is in the lobby of our hotel. He said that he was too weak to walk downstairs and eat. So I went downstairs and ordered dinner and brought it back to the room. While waiting for the food to be prepared, I slammed two Newcastle Brown Ales (my all-time favorite beer).

After we ate, I asked if he minded if I left. He said that he did not, but he was lying. I left.

Not one, but TWO different men tried to pick me up when I was sitting at the bar and gambling.

Now I'm back in the room listening to sniffles. This is gonna be a fun four days....

No comments: