Thursday, October 15, 2009

My evening with Bono and the boys

Change from beginning of program: -4.8 LBs
Goal: 39 LBs to go
Activity: recovering
Temptation: chocolate cake, guacamole (not at the same time)
Fruit and veg: 4

So last night, my little sister and I saw U2 in concert. This was the third time we have seen them (spanning the past 17 years). The show was great, although Bono seemed a bit tired.

We drank a lot of beer. A. Lot. Of. Beer.

Did I say that we drank a lot?

I was feeling a bit crappy. Not quite ground-up dog puke bad, but not on top of the world either.

I turned to my faithful friends who have helped me through many similar situations - carbs. Wonderful carbs. Breakfast consisted of two slices of pumpernickel bread with cheese melted on top. And some chocolate cake.

The reason my sister and I saw U2 and drank so much is that we were celebrating our birthdays. The concert fell one week after she turned 40 and one week before I will turn 39. Again. So the chocolate cake was a joint birthday treat.

By mid-morning, I was feeling better - despite the fact that I spent 90 minutes on conference calls.

For lunch, I turned to another proven hangover helper: Mexican food. Chips and salsa and green sauce, and bean and cheese tostadas with extra lettuce and tomatoes.

Dinner: Leftover macaroni and cheese (with the pasta purchased in Rome). And then because I had some avocados that were at the peak of ripeness, I made some guacamole and ate it with chips.

For good measure, I had some ice cream later in the evening.

And all of this on the day before I go to the doctor and have to get on the scale.

Hey, I can't feel too bad. Even Bono is getting a bit pudgy. And he runs around the stage - and around the world - all the time.

No comments: