Saturday, October 17, 2009

My day in prison

Change from beginning of program: -8.4 LBs
Goal: 35 LBs to go
Activity: not much
Temptation: fats
Fruit and veg: 3

Because I was exhausted last night, I was hoping to sleep in. But I awoke at 5:30 and could not go back to sleep until I moved to the other room and watched an hour of "Funny Girl." When I got up at 8:30, I was already tired.

I had a Fiber One pop tart before heading to the farmer's market. Because of my recent travels, this was my first trip to the market in a month. In that month, the crops all changed. I loaded up on kale, yams, and black-eyed peas. Yum!

For lunch, I met my friend and her children at Red Lobster, where I had a salad (with blue cheese dressing), a cheese biscuit, popcorn shrimp, and a loaded baked potato.

We visited a new branch of the Houston Museum of Natural History which just opened in an old prison...the prison where Leadbelly was incarcerated and wrote "Midnight Special." The exhibits were still being built, so there wasn't much to see.

Baskin Robbins has finally done what should have been done years ago - combined Reeses peanut butter cups and vanilla ice cream already - no need for mix-ins! I had one scoop in a sugar cone.

Dinner - guacamole and chips. Then mac and cheese. Then dried cherries.

And to top off the day, dying my hair and ironing. And watching the HBO production of "Grey Gardens." Talk about a dysfunctional mother-daughter relationship.

No comments: