Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Things that bother me

I am the first to admit that I am old school. But some things were just fine the way they were and don't need to change. Take alphabetization. When I was in school, we were taught to alphabetize by last name.

Jones, Tom

But now many applications alphabetize by first name:

Tom Jones

I will never get used to this. And why did it change anyway?

My biggest pet peeve is when "The" is considered in the alphabetization. Like a list of movies that reads:

Kazaam
The Godfather
Under the Rainbox

AARRGGHH!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Those doing the alphabetizing are freelance Alphabetizers doing their work while on break at the pharmacy.

Faith said...

Those doing the alphabetizing are freelance Alphabetizers doing their work while on break at the pharmacy.