Thursday, January 19, 2006

TV and Annoying Laugh Tracks

I haven't posted in a while because I have been busy watching "24." What a great show! The first episode was so intense that I couldn't stand it. Now I have something to look forward to each Monday. That may be what gets me through each week.

So much TV is just plain crap. For example, a show called "Crumbs" debuted recently. I read two glowing reviews, so I decided to watch it. It was horrible. Same old sitcom crap. Maybe I'm weird because I don't like what everyone else likes, but I found no humor in the show. This episode even featured two grown brothers, with one holding a stinky show over the other one's nose and mouth. How enlightening! And this show had a laugh track, which drives me up the wall. Are people who watch sitcoms so ignorant that they don't know when to laugh? That's what I think the producers are thinking when they add one.

"My Name is Earl," "The Simpsons," and "The Office" don't have laugh tracks, and they are light years funnier than the mainstream sitcoms.

Went to the Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks game last night. It was a beautiful thing - if you are a Mavs fan. They killed the Rockets. The people behind us said that they were leaving when the Mavs got a 35 point lead. They left in the third quarter. It is a real challenge to make it to the Rockets games this year, and it's getting worse. Time for a new coach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Bout time you showed up! Sorry about your Rockets, not! (well at lteast where the mavs are concerned). Thanks for the postcard. I agree you do deserve to live in a castle, but skip the princess part and marry one of those rich rock stars who buy castles they never live in. Think of it: Castle, Money, and no man around to mess it up. Perfect!