Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Treadmill Woes

Another day, another 45 minutes on the treadmill.

I have been walking on it for 6 months. I have lost only about 8 pounds. This is truly depressing. However, some of my fat seems to be solidifying. I'm adding a short time with dumbbells after each walk. All that has done is make my upper arms sore. My friend the trainer told me that I need to do squats if I want to shape my butt. Yeah, right. But I'm trying (a little).

The only way I can endure exercise is to watch DVDs while I'm walking. I've been through several seasons of "The Simpsons," season 1 of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," and various movies and concert DVDs.

I'm wrapping up season 5 of "The Sopranos" now. What a great show! I have seen all of the episodes multiple times, but I never get tired of it. The problem with watching "The Sopranos" is that I have a terrible craving for Italian food and the urge to open a bottle of win. Watch the show and pay attention to how often they eat. It's all the time!

No treadmill tomorrow. We have a Rockets game, which we are pretty much guaranteed to lose.

No comments: