Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wine makes it all better

Change from beginning of program: -3.0
Goal: 41 LBs to go
Activity: wine
Temptation: everything
Fruit and veg: 5+

Today is the third Thursday in November, Beaujolais Nouveau Day. Who knew?

My week of meetings is winding down, and we had a team dinner at a local French restaurant tonight. Because it was Beaujolais Nouveau Day, we had plenty of fruity red wine. In leue of dessert, I had a glass of champagne.

Yeah, it's been that kind of week.

I found the missing gold crown, and it is back in my head.

Yesterday, during a break, I literally banged my head on a door and told someone that banging my head was more productive than sitting in that meeting. It was kinda horrible.

But it's nearly over. And I got to have a lot of wine.

And now I'm having more.

And after tomorrow, I'm out of the office for a week.

Things are looking up!

Today's food log...

Breakfast: Pumpernickel and hummus. Half a banana. Pomegranate juice.

Morning snack: Two Reeses minis and one Cadbury truffle.

Lunch: Veggie chef salad

Afternoon snack: Hummingbird cake (for my manager's birthday). This may be my favorite cake. I can eat that cream cheese icing by the bowl-full.

Dinner: Onion soup and a wonderful main dish of crab cakes, angel hair pasta, and squash. Bread and butter. Wine.

Evening snack: Sparkling wine at home.

Ummmm....bubbles....

No comments: