Monday, October 20, 2008


Adventures in Poland

Things are different in Poland. For example, to turn on any lights in my hotel room, I had to put my room key into a slot near the door. To turn on the TV, I had to press a number key on the remote - the power button would turn it off, but not turn it on.
The currency is zlotky, and everything under 10 zlotky is a coin. I got 200 zlotky from an ATM, and that amounted to $77. Try doing the math on prices with that exchange rate...especially after a large Polish beer.

Speaking of beer, the beer spelled "Zywiec" is pronounced "jivitz" (rhymes with Nimitz). HUH?

They love pork. I can fix make 100+ dishes out of hamburger meat. They can make 1000+ dishes out of pork.

They love vodka, and I have no problem with that whatsoever. The cherry vodka was excellent, but I didn't care for the grass-flavored vodka. Chopin is a very nice unflavored vodka.


No comments: