Saturday, June 14, 2008

WTF does it mean?

I was riding in the back seat of a car with some people who were driving me to a city where I used to live. My mission was to meet a coworker in this town. As we approached the town, I realized that I didn't have the exact directions on where to go. I was relying on memory and a good general sense of direction to get me there.

We drove all of the way through/past the the town before I realized that I really didn't know where I was going. I called the coworker for directions, and his wife told me how to get there as best she could, but she admitted that she didn't know the names of the streets. I wrote the directions on the bottom of a black suede purse in black ink.

I felt guilty for asking my driver to go out of her way and turn around to take me to where I still didn't know I was going, but I asked anyway. Then I saw an elephant that had escaped from the zoo.

Flashback or dream?

It is telling me something. I'm trying to go somewhere I have been before, but I don't know how to get there. I'm depending on someone else to find my way, and that's not working. What I'm doing wrong is obvious to everyone but me.

What the hell is it?

No comments: