Saturday, June 06, 2009


Adventures with Authors

A few weeks ago, I attended a book signing at a local independent bookstore, Murder by the Book, to meet George Pelecanos. Mr. Pelecanos has written several books, but I know him best as a writer for one of the two best TV shows ever: The Wire. The best looking man on The Wire was "Stringer Bell," an ambitious drug dealer played by Idris Elba (shown above). If you haven't seen The Wire, rent it right now.

I asked Mr. Pelecanos about why one character on the show had to die while a despicable character got away with murder - and he answered me! I was impressed.

I will read my signed copy of his book The Way Home as soon as I finish the Sookie Stackhouse novels, which are the basis for another HBO series, True Blood. And three of my Sookie Stackhouse books were signed by the author at events from Murder by the Book. Is there a theme here?

No comments: