Tuesday, May 05, 2009


The Soul of a Rich Woman

Many years ago, my friend A's manicurist told A that she had the soul of a rich woman. A bestowed the title on me, and we have often discussed how unfair it is that we need the trappings of the rich, yet we are not rich.

Today, I learned just how soulful I am.

A colleague gave me a gift certificate to the ultimate Houston spa, and I reveled in the pampering. The best part of all was the mud wrap: a highly trained service provider slathered me in Baltic mud and wrapped me in towels. After the mud removed all of my toxins, a wonderful shower arm with four - count 'em: four! - shower heads rinsed me off - as I lay practically sleeping. My, my, my. I could do that every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always read your blogs and enjoy them. I love this one (with the photo) and chuckled at the other one ... you know why.