Friday, April 03, 2009


Beer and ice cream

When I get stressed, I want beer. Or ice cream. It depends on where I am - if I can drink, I go for the beer. If I'm at work or some other place that frowns on alcohol, it has to be ice cream.

Today, I needed both.
It was another incredibly busy week at work, and I was exhausted. HWWNBN informed me on the drive home that I was going to an Astros game with him. Because of a long story involving his nearly blind friend, we drove to the game in separate cars - which means I could not get my drink on.

Baseball without beer can be painful. Especially when you are exhausted already. Let me put it like this - I'll sleep well tonight.

We had fabulous seats, and our team won. I did manage to get one beer down before I ate my helmet sundae (ice cream in a cute little plastic helmet).

And when I got home, I could drink all I want...for a lot less money. An entire six-pack at the neighborhood Quik-E-Mart cost less than one ballpark beer.
I haven't actually combined beer and ice cream yet, but the day may be coming...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Beer Float!